This position is responsible for all quality and technical (product processing) matters involved with the manufacturing of tire/engineered textile reinforcements. The Technology Manager works with customers on product specifications and Quality requirements necessary for their application. Internally this position writes all specifications to meet these customer requirements and ensures all customer and internal
requirements are met.
- Responsible for achievement and maintenance of Global Quality Excellence and ISO Certifications
- Works with customers on product and process development for both tire and engineered product reinforcements.
- Works with customers on product Quality and Technical issues.
- Conducts all internal investigations into customer complaints issuing corrective actions and full resolutions.
- Participates in customer/supplier improvement projects on cost, quality, and technical improvements.
- Make periodic customer visits to improve customer relationships and/or to investigate issues.
- Works with suppliers on product quality and product uniformity through COA collection and trending. Responsible for investigating potential new suppliers based on quality and cost.
- Develops all processing specifications based on customer requirements in both converting and treating operations.
- Works with Corporate Sales and Marketing on corporate marketing strategies.
- Works with Production on all Quality and Technical issues.
- Works with Plant Engineering on all equipment changes and/or new equipment.
- Directs Plant Technical laboratory on customer testing requirements.
- Directs Quality/Technology Team Leader on data collection and specialized testing, troubleshooting, and the daily functions of testing.
- Participates in teams to improve plant performance in the areas of safety, quality, waste, productivity, and improvement in plant cost.
- Participates in Quality Management System procedures and production aids to meet customer requirements, specifications, and corrective actions.
- Assists in the management of product inventories from raw materials to finished goods.
- Responsible for SPC monitoring and improvements
- Participates on the Plant Safety Steering Committee.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Plant Manager or Corporate Management Team.
- Currently Management Representative for ISO 9001.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Quality and Technical knowledge of textile manufacturing (required).
- Working knowledge of chemical batch preparation.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Textile Engineering or Technical Degree (preferred).
- Background in Quality and Environmental Management Systems (preferred).
Experience (required and preferred):
- Minimum 7 years of experience in textile manufacturing operations (required).
- Quality/Technical related experience (preferred).
Skills (required and preferred):
- Ability to analyze data and apply statistical tools to ensure processes produce quality products consistently.
- Good communication skills both written and oral.
- Efficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work with customers, both the technical and production teams.
Physical Demands/Work Environment: Vision, hearing, and speech are required.
Manual dexterity is necessary. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required
to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled.
What's On Offer
Apply online or feel free to contact us directly for more information about the opportunity. Due to the high volume of applicant, we regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.
Please fill in the form and request for a call back.
By signing up you agree to receive the latest jobs available, salary reports, career advice, insights and industry updates, events and relevant surveys from us.