The company, founded in 2002 in Seoul, South Korea, is the world leader in 3D measurement and inspection technology used in the production of micro-electronics assemblies. Using patented 3D technology, the company provides best-in-class products in Solder Paste Inspection(SPI) and Automated Optical Inspection(AOI) for electronics manufacturers worldwide.
The branch located in Duluth, GA has been serving business partners in North America with sales and technical support since 2010. In addition to the company's sales and support for North America, the company's Research center was established in 2016 in San Diego, CA as a Research & Development hub for artificial intelligence and deep learning technologies.
Our client is seeking a Senior AI R&D Engineer to join our team. The successful candidate will have a strong background in machine learning, computer science, or a related field, as well as experience in programming languages such as Python and frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch. Responsibilities will include developing and implementing AI algorithms for machine vision inspection. As a Senior AI R&D Engineer at the company, you will be a technical leader in the organizatPion, leading teams and projects for the company's inspection equipment.
- Leads teams and projects for AI-based inspection equipment
- Develops and implements advanced AI models for inspection equipment
- Researches and develops scalable computer vision and machine learning solutions to hard problems
- Investigates and solves exciting and difficult challenges in image recognition/classification, object detection/tracking/recognition, deep learning, segmentation, etc.
- Designs, implements, and deploys full-stack computer vision and machine learning
- Analyzes data and conducts experiments to improve performance
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to achieve project goals
- Mentors and guides junior engineers to ensure their growth and development
- Stays up-to-date with the latest developments in AI, machine vision, and computer
- Communicates with stakeholders and providing technical expertise to ensure successful
- Collaborates with other teams and departments to ensure alignment with company's
- Performs other duties as assigned
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience of relevant industry experience
- Strong background with state-of-the-art methods in CV/ML/DL
- Strong experience in programming languages such as Python and/or C++ in production
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, effective listening, and critical questioning
- Experience with small datasets and limited labeled data is a plus
The Work Environment
No strenuous physical activity, though occasional light lifting of files and related materials is required. 30% of time in meetings, working with team, or talking on the phone, 70% of the time at the desk on computer, doing analytical work. Minimal travel required. Travel includes airplane, automobile travel and overnight hotel.
What's On Offer
- Health/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance at NO employee premium (including dependent coverage)
- 401(k) retirement plan (Immediately 100% vested)
- Generous PTO and paid holidays
Apply online or feel free to contact us directly for more information about the opportunity. Due to the high volume of applicant, we regret to inform that only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.
Please fill in the form and request for a call back.
By signing up you agree to receive the latest jobs available, salary reports, career advice, insights and industry updates, events and relevant surveys from us.